Wednesday 27 February 2013

❂ bisous ❂


Today was a slow burnin', takin' it easy, kids are off on spring break kind of day.
I spent the best half of this morning re-organizing our school library with children's book dust up my nose and in my hair and the delicious smell of musty, well-worn pages.
I so badly wanted to take my cup of chamomile and curl up in a corner with a stack of books and just read and read.

Children's book titles are simply the most enticing things to ten-year-old Louise's brain: 'The Accidental Zuchinni', 'Willie the Dreamer' and 'I love Cloud Bread' were some of my favorites of the day.
I love the dreaminess of kid's books, how the author can just flip open their head like a lid and let their imagination fly out onto the pages.
I have a secret little dream to be a children's book writer one day
When I was tiny I would lay in bed and Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton would take me by the hand and lead me on the most fantastical adventures every single night.
When I think back on those stories of magic and whimsy I am reminded of pure joy and happiness.

I'd love to to do that for a child one day too.

❂ bisous! 



2 comments:

  1. I love this post. :D And I love your blog to pieces! I am a new reader, as I guess you could tell, and I am so happy that I found your corner of the web. ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thank you sweet Merry! What lovely words!
    kiss x

    ReplyDelete