Monday 10 June 2013

link party ♢ weekly wishes #1



I'd like to take a long moment in this post to introduce you to a purdy young lady I have had the pleasure of acquainting with through this funny ol' blogging world.

Meet the lovely Melyssa of The Nectar Collective.

I "met" Melyssa earlier this year when I came across her blog and instantly connected with her as she is a fellow expat teacher in an Asian country. Even though she currently teaches in Japan while I used to teach in South Korea, I instantly related to her blog posts about the struggles and breakthroughs of living, essentially, as an 'alien' on another planet.

Not only that but her blog is peppered with beautiful crafts, recipes, adventure stories and, my personal favourite, her 'Musings From Monja' series where she chronicles (hilariously) life as viewed from her cutie pie dog Monja's eyes and all the thngs that "really get my nub wagging".
 Leaves me rolling around in happy tears every. single. time. 
(I challenge you to go read about the poop barf and not chuckle)

Anyhoo, fawning aside, you should check the gal out. She wins the internet in my book.

Which is why I will be taking part in her Monday Link Party: 'Weekly Wishes'...

The Nectar Collective

Each Monday Melyssa will host this link up over on her blog and she is inviting one and all to share their personal  wishes/goals/challenges/promises with each other. I can't wait to click through to some new blogs, maybe find a new favourite, and also read what goals people are making each week and gain some inspiration from them.

This will be my first contribution to the Weekly Wishes link up and I am going to start this week by challenging myself to be vigilant and keep up with the free 30 day yoga challenge I signed up for yesterday.


Apparently this Weekly Wishes has come at just the right moment in my life because it's personal challenges like this that make me hold myself accountable when I sign myself up for things and then end up not doing them. Case in point, I was emailed my first yoga video this morning and I still haven't done it ~.~

I was, however, very proud of myself for sticking to my one week raw cleanse which I posted about yesterday.
I had a bit of interest about my eating schedule since posting that so for any who are interested just leave me a comment or email me on tremblingstarz {at} gmail {dot} com and I will send you my 7 day recipe plan which I made to follow every day of the cleanse.

The plan breaks down the week day by day and gives recipes for all meal times; some  recipes are taken from the book I was following and some were from recipes found on Pinterest, including raw blended tomato and coconut soup and lemon chick pea avocado salad.

Just drop me a line if you're wanting to cleanse and I'll shoot it to you lickety split.

Peace!
x







8 comments:

  1. Glad to see you doing the link up! I'm actually doing the yoga challenge too, just for fun though and not every day. Yesterday I did the Day 9 one which was all balancing poses and it felt soooo good. I've never really gotten into yoga but I'm really liking it! Good luck on your goal! xx

    Allie @ callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to catch up on the ones I missed out on at the beginning of the month, I'm loving them so much!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, 30 day yoga challenge and for free?! AWESOME. Lots of luck, lady. I'm off to go visit Melyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you won't be disappointed over there Angie, she's a doll!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the 30 day yoga challenge! You're right that the challenge helps to be more accountable with the goals you made. It's going to help me with achieving my goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement and good luck with your weekly goal! Xx

      Delete
  4. Lou, you are probably the sweetest woman on the interwebs! Seriously, you always make me smile! Thank you for this sweet post and I'm SO happy you joined the linkup! I hope it helped you to follow your yoga schedule! I definitely need to get into yoga too...maybe a future weekly wish for me? :) Thank you again for participating - it means the world to me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasures all mine lovely! Thank YOU for the inspiration! Xx

      Delete